Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Do It Like You Mean It

Will be flying off tomorrow night to Korea for Jeju Salsa Festival. This is the third year am attending the event and the only difference for this year is am bringing the Bailamos Dance Team to perform and hopefully open their eyes and get inspired to be a better dancer.

All this while Ive been putting a lot of effort and time in building a group of dancers hopefully to have as much passion towards salsa as me. I fully understand that I cant expect everyone will have the equal passion as me but I do hope that they will be truthful to what they really passionate about and not forcing themselves to pretend to like something.

Being able to perform in Korea, which is the top salsa country is my dream and initially I feel really excited and looking forward to be able to share the stage with the team to show everyone that Malaysians can dance salsa too. I wrote a thank you and encouraging notes to Bailamos team today and what I received is silence. For the first 2 hours when the messages were posted, Gary told me don't think too much as the team members actually appreciate our effort. I tried to comfort and convince myself to think positively but I have to accept the fact that they are just not so keen after all of doesn't even bother to reply for the entire day. Words cant express how disappointed I am. I don't want to make it like am forcing the team to perform, at this second what I really wanted to do is call off the performance. I don't need a group of non spirit and reluctant people to be on the stage honestly. Why do it if you don't want to do it at all?

My way of working is always the same, if you make up your mind to do something, do it 101%. Else forget about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment